As you can see, the weather has warmed up and we are beginning our 2-3 months of break-up, which consists of wet, slippery ice, 8 inch deep mud, sub-zero temperatures again... and the cycle repeats itself until sometime in May, when you suddenly wake up to green leaves on the trees and grass in the lawn! It's not my favorite time of year in Alaska, except for the fact that it means summer is just around the corner :)
Me and the birthday girl. You can't even tell she's been cooking prime rib, mashed potatoes, green beans, popovers and blueberry pie! She's awesome and I'm SO full :) Her red cupboards are really fun too!
Toward the end of the evening, Malachi was ready for bed and enjoyed being rocked by his cousin, Salina. It's so nice to have some nieces just entering the age of baby-sitting! We had a great evening and hope Lelya's birthday was as good as our day was.
Today is also the beginning of the kid's spring break from school. I hope we'll be able to do some fun, special things while they're home this week and enjoy our time together! I miss you, Sonnet. Hope you're having a blast in Mexico :) Happy March 4th!

3 comments:
Hey, my [chris] birthday was March 3!! Can Leyla come to my house and cook a prime rib dinner??
Hey, Menda. I like the pics of the 3 bears! Roy is here and I'm showing him your blog and the pictures of Alaska!
I wish i was there with the whole family! Im jealous- give everyone hugs and kisses for me!
Post a Comment