Every summer I line the kids up on our couch, in the same order and take a picture of them. It is a little early, but I wanted to do this Malachi too, so we did it that morning before the bigger kids all left for school.
I took my little ones to preschool, the Samuel, Malachi and I got on a plane and headed to Anchorage. I had a lot of grocery shopping to do, so we kept busy until it was time to meet the new fostermom at Polly's apartment. When we first got there, Malachi was really upset when I handed him to Polly's grandma to hold and then to Polly. I was praying he would stop crying, or I was afraid I would start. To be honest, my biggest prayer for that afternoon was that I would be able to get through it without breaking down in front of everyone. The new fostermom, Michelle, came in with her 7 year old son and 10 1/2 month old baby (just 2 weeks younger than Malachi) who she has in fostercare and is hoping to adopt. She looked like she was already very busy, without adding another baby to her life! She and I went out to the car to get Malachi's things and got to visit a bit by ourselves. I was thrilled to learn that she is a Christian and is herself adopted. In fact, she is one of 9 children in her family and she has a real heart for adoption. I told her I felt so much better knowing that she is a Christian and that we'd been praying for a long time about this transition for Malachi. A few minutes later, I walked out the door without looking back. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life.
I talked with Michelle on the phone for about 45 minutes last night and it sounds like Malachi is having a very difficult time. He's not eating much, crying a lot and doesn't like Michelle's other baby. He's being ornery, but I can't blame him right now as all he understands is that he wants his family back. It sounded like if things don't get better soon, he may not be able to stay with her, as she has got other children to think about and take care of too. I'm super frustrated with OCS for putting Malachi (and Michelle) in this situation, but don't know what to do about it, if anything.
Please pray with us: for wisdom for me, strength and patience for Michelle and calm for Malachi. After being in Polly's home, I ask for prayer for her too, with a renewed sense of urgency. I'm so thankful that we serve such a big God, who cares so much about all of our little details.
1 comment:
Its so hard not be there with everyone with all of this going on... now im bawling but i know God has a perfect plan for that baby
Post a Comment