Journey to Africa


Saturday, March 8, 2008

Cute as a Butt-in

I don't think there is anything much cuter than a little boy bottom in a pair of big-boy underwear! The other night Seth and Jeelan came over for dinner and Sam and Logan were running around in their big-boy shorts. It was really fun to see how much they interacted and played with each other. They are only 7 weeks apart in age and are just getting to that point where they can be buddies.

It's a good thing Samuel is so cute in his shorts, or I might be tempted to throw in the towel with this whole potty-training thing right now! It is 10 am as I type this and he is in his 6th pair of undies already today. A few minutes ago I heard what sounded like rain on the carpet... it wasn't. During breakfast I had to run him to the toilet several times and one of those times, I had apparently left Malachi's just-opened jar of baby food peaches too close to him. When I came back to the table, he had peaches everywhere, except in his mouth. Could it possibly be Monday instead of Saturday?!

Oh well! I know it is all worth it and there is nothing I'd rather be doing than being Mama to these children God has so graciously given us.

3 comments:

The Williams in Africa said...

We started potty training Seth on Saturday! I think he went through 5 pairs of chupies (underwear). We took Sunday off, didn't feel like having the nursery worker (Mama Wambui) have to deal with puddles on the carpet. So will try again tomorrow.

Jeff and Sarah Bianchi said...

Menda,
I came across your blog on Jeremy and Michelle's! I can't believe how many little additions you have to your household! What a beautiful family! Amazing! What great JOY!
Love to you,
Sarah (Harding) Bianchi

Donna said...

How cute! I agree about the cuteness of little cheeks in underwear! I love it!