Journey to Africa


Sunday, March 16, 2008

Here We Go Again...

This is Malachi's reaction to the news we got on Thursday that OCS has found a new fosterhome for him in Anchorage...

We actually haven't told him yet, but the rest of us have been talking and praying about it a lot. The caseworker asked when we'd like to make the transition and gave me options between the 19th and the 28th of this month. I told her the 28th would work best for us. We really don't know any details about the new home yet, but will probably find out a little more this next week. It makes us all very sad to think of him leaving us, but at the same time we are totally trusting God. We know that if it is time for Malachi to go, then it will happen and if it is not the right time yet, God will once again intervene and he will stay. I'm so glad to have that hope to cling to. We appreciate your prayers for our family through these next several weeks and we'll keep you posted as we go through this next step in our journey with this sweet baby.

Evidenced by the fact that I am posting this, I survived my few days of employment at the school!!! We actually had a really good couple of days in the classroom, even though I did forget my camera, so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures to post. On Friday I had my arms full of craft projects for the kids to work on (bribery- I mean "positive reinforcement"- works wonders!). Saturday morning I didn't have to be at the school until 7:30 am so I got to sleep in half an hour. I actually got caught up on my bible study and worked on a cross-stitch most of the time the test was going on, so it wasn't bad. Leo had all the kids at home and when I got back just after 12:30, everyone was dressed and eating lunch and the house was even in decent order! What a man!

I hope you're all having a good weekend and I look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

Chandelle Cotter said...

praying for you guys, Love you all so much, kiss that baby for me!

Donna said...

That is so sad. I can't imagine. We'll be praying for your family this week. Keep us posted:)