Happy Easter yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful day of celebration. I want to first say that we are
so happy to have Sonnet and Andy and their family home from Mexico! They got back last week, tan and glad to be home. Sonnet actually contributed the pictures for this blog, as I forgot my camera at home. Don't know how that could have happened with the coffee cake, bowl of oranges for the breakfast pot-luck at church, corn pudding and cookies for lunch at the Farm, diaper bag and church shoes and 8 children, dressed in their Sunday best heading out the door about 8:45 am...

The first morning Sonnet was back we went and visited and saw all the fun presents they brought home for everyone! Here's Malachi and Silas. I guess this is his new "camera face". Maybe he doesn't like the flash?!

OK, back to Easter... here are all the cousins, ready and waiting to hunt eggs. We did plastic ones this year. Some had candy in them, some had money and some had coupons with special things to do with aunties, grandparents and uncles. Some said, "Granny will read you a book" or "Popcorn and movie night with Amma and Uppa", "Snow-machining with Uncle Leo"... I think the coupons were a hit and the kids had fun hunting eggs, even in the 10 degree temperatures! Ah, Easter in Alaska!

Malachi's first Easter

After the egg hunt, Granny had a sword drill with the older kids. You can see Wops in the corner catching a nap :) He hasn't been feeling too well, so we were thankful he could join us for all the fun.

As often happens, we ended up staying at my parent's until it was time to eat again, so we did! Teagann enjoyed giving herself a facial with spaghetti! We enjoyed our day and are thankful for Jesus, for our family and our friends and for the freedom we have to openly worship and celebrate Easter.
2 comments:
The kids are so cute! You all look like you had lots of fun- wish we could be there! i want that picture of all the kids in their snowsuits, very cute!
It's so funny the difference in the weather! You all had to wear snow suits for Easter! That is so hard to believe. I like the coupon idea. I may have to do that next year. I think it's so nice how you all love to get together and do things as a family. That is a great thing:)
Post a Comment