Journey to Africa


Monday, March 10, 2008

My Trussworthy Man

Let me just say at the beginning of this post, that I have no idea what I'm talking about, just in case there happens to be any males who read this!
Last fall Leo poured the floor for a shop. The house we live in now is on my dad's property, so about 8 years ago we bought a piece of lakefront property across the road and down the hill from where our house is. We've been talking about building a bigger house on it someday, but before we can even think of doing that we needed to build our own shop, so we started that last October. Anyway, as the promise of spring is in the air, Leo has started building the truss for the roof. Apparently, this is like the ridgepole... I don't know too much about it, but I know Leo has been enjoying the welding and sanding and cutting and designing of this truss.
He's been working on it in the paint room at the hangar. The kids took turns going with him during spring break to "help"!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the blue horse on the wall!?!? It is going to be fun to see the shop start coming together this summer. I'm thankful for this handy man I have!


No comments: