It is with praise and shock and wonder and gratitude that we tell you... Malachi is coming home! I had called the fostermom this afternoon just to check on him, since he was having a really hard time when I talked with her Saturday evening. She told me that when she'd called Polly to set up the visit for this week, she was told the visits had been cancelled for now due to something that had happened this weekend, but she was waiting for the caseworker to call.
It wasn't too long after that, that I received a call from Malachi's guardian ad litem. She said, "I need you to do something for me. I need you to come and get Justice!" (his birthname) She was not allowed to tell me details of what had happened, but apparently Polly had relapsed and was told in CARE Court today that Malachi would be coming back to us. We are hoping and praying that it is permanent this time. I think there are still some things to be settled, but after ALL that God has done for us and this little boy, I have total confidence that if He wants Malachi to officially be a Fowler, then nothing and no one will be able to stop His Plan! As I was on the phone and the news was starting to sink in, I told someone, "I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or start bawling." I think I did a bit of both!
So, on Thursday, we will be bringing our baby home once again. It may be a long time until we know all the reasons that he had to spend a week away from home, but we can already count some of our blessings, including finding a new friend in the fostermom and knowing without a doubt that Malachi belongs with our family, after all the obstacles God has cleared to bring him back.
We know He has been covered in prayer, as has our family and we are grateful beyond words. Thank you. All our love- Leo, Menda and Crew
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What wonderful news!
ok now i am really bawling! How amazing our God is!
Menda, That is awesome! Our God is so big! We will be praying!!!
Wow! I can't believe that. I know you and your family are so excited. I know little Malachi will be so happy to be home again.
Post a Comment