Journey to Africa


Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Family Conference Weekend

About a week and a half ago my sister, Sonnet, had to take Zoe to town for some dr. appts. Whenever one of us has to go to town, the rest of us help take care of kids :) I had Silas (19 months) and Teagann (17 months) here one afternoon. I didn't have enough cribs to go around, so Silas and Malachi crashed on the couch. It worked! Here's Sammy and his snow-machine on the other end of the couch. He'd already had his couch-nap for the day.
Last Friday was the graduation program at school. We actually didn't have any kindergartners graduating this time (only year in six!). Isaac was enjoying playing with his papa while we sat through the program.



My mom has been teaching choir for the younger kids. Here they are performing. They're so cute and really do well!


As part of the program, they had a karate and a wrestling demonstration. After all the kids had wrestled, they had a time for the up and coming wrestlers, Isaac and Samuel! They were awesome!!! Sam had attended Ned's wrestling meet with us last month and obviously, took a lot of it in. Note the "wrestling stance" he's got. Isaac is pretty easy on him and Sam usually ends up on top most of the time.




That night was the beginning of our spring family conference at our church. People come from all over SW Alaska for a weekend of testimonies, sharing, singing and special speakers. I think there were about 200 people here this year. It's fun for all of us- CEF comes and does kids programs the whole weekend, we get to eat at the conference so I don't have to cook and we all enjoy visiting with folks we haven't seen in a long time! Here's my mom and her brother, my Uncle Lonny, singing with a group from Victory High School, the Christian boarding school that brought my mom's family to Alaska as missionaries in the 1970s.

I've been bad about blogging the last couple of weeks. It seems it has been a combination of nothing major happening and so many busy things going on, I haven't gotten around to it! Our caseworker, Anne Ashton, was here for conference too and she now has Malachi's case back. I'm sure it will all take some time, but it looks like we're moving forward with termination paperwork on Polly and then the next thing is getting an adoption date. We're so thankful for all that God has done and is doing.
Preschool ended last week and only two more weeks of school for the other kids! Now, we just need some summer weather! It has been snowing off and on all weekend. Isaac keeps saying, "I wish it was summer everyday!" and I must say, right now I'm right there with him!





1 comment:

Chandelle Cotter said...

all of the family looks like they are having fun...wish i was there! love you guys mucho!