Journey to Africa


Saturday, February 23, 2008

My First Posting

I am finally entering the world of blogging! I have been an avid reader for some time, but just couldn't stand it anymore and decided I'd like to have a blogspot too :) I am having some trouble trying to get pictures uploaded, so this first entry will be picturefree, but hopefully when Leo gets home he can help me! I hope this won't prove to be too "high-tech" for me, as I am hopelessly lost when it comes to most modern technology.

Today is a beautiful February day in Alaska. The sun is shining and it's about 30 degrees outside. We went from 30 below zero and too cold to be outside, to 38 above and wet. We are finally at a happy medium and Leo has most of the kids out with him, getting firewood. They drive up the lake (it's frozen), cut down the trees and then haul the wood home! We have a woodstove in our entry way that we use whenever it gets around zero outside or colder. I'll try to get some pictures later this afternoon!

I'm excited to see how this blogging stuff works and look forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hey, Menda! Great to see you in "Blogger's World". I started out strong in the whole blog thing, but my updates are pretty few and far between. I do put up lots of pictures, though, at www.xanga.com/lsmoll.

Have a great evening!

Donna said...

Yea! I'm so glad y'all have a blog now. YOU inspire me! I can't wait to read your posts and see the pictures of your sweet family!!

julie said...

Welcome to Bloggyland! You're doing great. I'm excited to be able to keep up and get to know you better this way.

Chandelle Cotter said...

hey i joined too:) did you see:) now i can leave you comments... but how is this any different than you doing myspace....