Journey to Africa


Thursday, April 30, 2009

shnowing in the shummer

This is the email I typed yesterday, but wasn't able to send until today...

Hello from Tigard, Oregon!

As I type, I'm looking out the window at HAIL pouring down and bouncing off the deck railing! We were just getting ready to head out to play at the park, but maybe we'll wait for a bit. I definitely did not pack very well for this trip. For some reason, I was expecting the weather to be much warmer. It's ok though, we just keep rotating between the two pairs of long-pants I brought for each child!

We arrived at Aunt Alice and Sharon's last evening and have been full ever since!!! If any of you have ever visited their house, you know what I'm talking about. We've been eating and eating and eating some more and it's all so good! Last night Isaac had a dream that we were in Heaven and I'm convinced it was inspired by feasting at Alice and Sharon's dining room table. The kids are thoroughly enjoying getting spoiled with new toys to play with and whatever they could possibly want to eat. We were able to park the trailer in the drive-way and rested very well after bathing the kids and doing a load of laundry. Tomorrow we head to Beaverton to spend a couple of days with Joel, Mindy and Carter.

Back-tracking just a bit... last time we emailed was from Orcas Island on Sunday night. Monday morning the kids spent about an hour and a half "swimming" in the hot tub on the deck. Afterwards, Leo and Grant took the kids down to the beach for some exploring. They came back with shells, hermit crabs and many tales of treasures discovered! The senior pastor and his wife from Grant and Ronna's church came by for a visit, which was really neat. We found out his family has a strong connection with some of Leo's family (kind of a long story, but very cool!) We were all sorry to have to say good-bye to the Myles-Era family and get back on the ferry that afternoon.

The kids all fell asleep on the short ferry trip back to Anarcortes. We drove back to Arlington and picked up the trailer, after another yummy meal. About an hour and a half later, we got to Ron and Rita's in Maple Valley and totally crashed their house! Their house is on a bit of a hill, so we took our sleeping bags inside and spread out in the living room! It was a fun evening and the kids had a blast playing on the trampoline and getting spoiled with snacks and goodies. We left the next morning and drove to Washougal and had a special couple of hours visiting with Gabe and Nicole and their kids.

I feel like we never have enough time with people, but we're thankful for the time we do get! Malachi turns two years old tomorrow. I'm sure he'll have a fun birthday. We plan to have a party for him and for Isaac once we get home.

Thank you, again, for praying. I know I keep saying it, but we really do mean it and appreciate it so much. Things are going so well and we are enjoying this road trip! More soon~Leo, Menda and Crew
Enjoying the trampoline at Ron and Rita's
Gabe & Nicole with kids


Lizzy Lou with Aunt Alice

Fun and games with Sharon



At the park with the Aunties :)




No comments: