We are loving our "home away from home". Leo brought the popcorn popper and we've even had some popcorn and movie nights! This is the way to "camp" in my opinion :)
Our last morning in Canada, we'd only been driving less then an hour when a tire blew on the trailer. Leo heard it happen and thankfully, we were at a good spot on the road to pull over. The kids played in the woods while Leo changed the tire.
It was quite the explosion and somehow ripped out a bunch of wiring from under the trailer when it happened. The girls picked a bunch of dead flowers and were using the spare tire as their vase :) I'm so thankful for a handy husband and for a spare tire!
John and Marilyn EckerGreetings from Arlington, WA! We rolled in here about 5:00 pm this evening and had a yummy hamburger dinner before starting laundry and baths. It's now a quarter til 10 and the kids are clean and my third load of laundry is in the washer. What a blessing John and Marilyn Ecker have been to us this evening! Church is at 9:00 tomorrow morning, where we'll share some about our family and Uganda and then after lunch, we head to Orcas Island for the night to visit my cousin, Ronna! We're all excited about the ferry ride and meeting the rest of their family. I had an email from Susan this evening and she said the dr. thought Deborah has some sort of virus and gave her benadryl. They are also running all kinds of tests (the same ones I had several months ago) to rule out any kind of connective tissue disease... Thanks so much for praying. I know it is helping! We parted with the Brendemuhls at Fort St. John on Thursday evening and it was sad to say good-bye a bit earlier than we'd planned. We had a great adventure with them and look forward to sharing some pictures with you soon! I wish I could write each one of you back tonight, but I know I can't! Hopefully, we'll have more internet accessability as we're in the states now. I must say, I've been completely thrilled to see green grass and feel sunshine through the Suburban windows today! Our water has thawed and all is well. Please continue to pray for us! We appreciate it and need it :) Love to you~ Leo and Menda
No comments:
Post a Comment