Journey to Africa


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good-Bye... for Now

Any of you who have read our blogs know Steve and Jami Hoekstra. They came to Port Alsworth in June to work for Lake Clark Air and the lodge and have ended up being such a neat part of our lives. Steve and Jami have been good freinds and have blessed us so much by taking care of our kids while Leo and I traveled the world in the last couple of months. Last night they came by to say their good-byes, as today they headed back to Washington. None of us knows for sure what God has in store for them next, but I do know a lot of us are praying that they'll come back "home" before too long! Steve wrestled with the boys for at least half an hour and got them all calmed down for bedtime! I hope he wasn't sore today from being jumped on from the top of the coffee table.

Here's Nezzie "being Steve". She has prayed for you guys, Jami, several times today and said in her squeaky little voice, "I miss James."
Steve and his many adoring fans :) We all miss you already, Hoekstras! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with friends and family!!!


No comments: