Journey to Africa


Monday, December 8, 2008

The End of the Story

I guess I am going to have to publish this blog bit by bit as I am unable to upload any more pictures right now :( Frustrating, but I'll try not to let it ruin my day. Yesterday afternoon we decided to go out and get our Christmas tree. Our awesome winter weather had deteriorated into a wet, nasty mess. It has rained and been really windy off and on, making things slippery and sloshy. We drove the 4-wheeler down by Dry Creek. We were happy that it started to snow while we were out! Here are the kids in the trailer with the prize tree. If you live in Alaska, you know good-lookin' Christmas trees are hard to come by, so we were quite happy with what we found!
Besides the lights and the tippy top, the kids decorated the tree all by themselves.

And they did a fine job! We had to kind of rearrange the furniture a bit for the tree to fit, but it's fun for a few weeks :)
Now I will attempt to upload the pictures from the beginning of our adventure!


2 comments:

jane said...

Merry Christmas....I like that tree. Looks just perfect to me. Hope all is well and hope to see you before too long.

jane said...

Did you get a picture of the trailing dumping over?