Journey to Africa


Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day With Della

On Monday my sister, Chandelle, and her husband, Jacob got to come out for the day. They'd been in Anchorage (they live in CA) for Jacob's sister's wedding. They arrived around 9 am and we all met at The Farm and spent the day together. We started off with Dad's famous sourdough pancakes, which is always a good start to any day! This photo is the pile of winter gear we shed whenever we come inside from the cold. I must say I'm rather looking forward to the day when the kids can wear flipflops year-round :) A pile of girls... Della in front, with Sonnet and me behind, Charis on top of the pile and my mom and granny kneeling beside us all.


And here's the whole gang. My gramps and granny are at the end, then Della and Jacob, Bobbit and Lelya's family, Sonnet and Andy and their kids, my parents and then Leo and I in the front with our crew! It's amazing how the family multiplies exponentially! My grandparents have 3 expectant grandchildren, which will make a total of 35 great grandkids, I think they said.
The big news of the week was Della and Jacob's announcement that they'll be adding to the pile in July!!! We're so thankful and pray for God's richest blessings on their growing family. They had to leave about 6 pm, after a yummy dinner. What a fun day with food and family-one of the best combinations around :)


3 comments:

Chandelle Cotter said...

we had so much fun with you guys! I miss you all so much already but I cant wait for you to come see me in the spring then bring the baby up in August!

kimom said...

What a rich heritage Menda! So wonderful to watch you passing it on to so many! Blessings this Christmas!

Ronda said...

Have I missed something? I knew that Chandelle was pregnant, but who are the other 3 expectant mothers...or are there more adoptions in the works? This must've been an awesome time for everyone. I sure wish that I could've been there too. We really miss your family!