On the morning of Christmas Eve we relaxed at home, baking donuts and making "mud balls". After lunch we took the kids out on the bay to drive snow-machines.

Samuel drove the Tundra for about an hour! Leo or I sat behind him and helped steer every once in awhile, but he mostly drove by himself. After a while on the bay, he looked up at Tanalian and said, "I want to drive on that mountain." I took Malachi, Nezzie and Rylea home and Leo took the rest of the kids up the Firebreak Trail toward the Falls. They got back just in time to meet us at the Farm for our Christmas Eve Party.

Every Christmas Eve all of our family meets at my parents and have really fun snacky food. This year some of the highlights were the Hot Crab Rolls and the Spinach & Artichoke Dip... it's all so good!

Another tradition is family photos in front of the Christmas tree. Here are my mom and Dad (Amma and Uppa) with all their grandkids.

Our family portrait... it's hard even getting this many people to look toward the camera, so... here ya go!

We all sang a couple of Christmas carols and the kids sang "Happy Birthday to Jesus". Sam wanted to help Granny play the piano :)

My dad read the Nativity Story out of the Bible to all the children. Ever since I was a little kid, the children beg my dad to open presents and every year he finds ways to prolong the wait!!! It's always fun to hear the kids "begging" Uppa to open presents, they can get pretty creative sometimes :) Eventually, the presents were passed out and opened and exclaimed over and brought home! We were really happy with the gifts the kids got this year- lincoln logs, tinkertoys and lots of neat cds to listen to... We are so thankful for special traditions and family and especially for Jesus.
3 comments:
How fun, i have been so homesick lately last night I cried and just missed home so much... I really want to be there one year for all of this again!
YUM! That spread of snacks looks delicious! I love traditions and it looks like your family has good ones.
Oh Menda, these pictures are precious. I really wish that we could've been there too. Like Chandelle, I could sit down and cry...I really miss life up there!
Post a Comment