Journey to Africa


Monday, May 26, 2008

Isaac's Birthdays

May 24th, Isaac turned 4 years old! We started his day off with a candle in his waffle at breakfast. Samuel and I sang him "Happy Birthday"- since everyone else was still in bed :) That night we had a party at The Farm. I think there were between 40 and 50 people there for dinner and/or dessert. My mom and Jael, who is the cook at the lodge, helped me a ton with the preparation. She grilled the burgers (and I boiled the hotdogs!).
Here is the now-famous birthday cookie from Aunt Kristie! This was one of our favorites :) Isaac loved it and it not only looks cool, it tastes great too!

Jael gave Tyler his first taste of banana cream pie. The boy loved it and got all excited between bites, waving his arms and hollaring. This kid can eat.


Isaac got some fun gifts. This leapster from Amma and Uppa was one of his favorites. The next two birthday kids are already asking for one when their birthdays come around :)
The highlight of Isaac's birthday season this year came the week before his May 24th birthday. He and I had been having some deep discussions (well, deep for a 3 year old!) about God and having Jesus in your heart... On the evening of May 16th, as I was doing the dishes, Isaac and I continued our discussion and he decided he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. I helped him pray and he was so excited afterwards! He called Wops and Granny and my mom and told them, "I asked Jesus in my heart!" It was really cute because I told him the angels were having a party for him in Heaven and he was getting confused since his birthday was coming up- thinking Jesus was partying early without him or something!
One of our prayers is that all of our children will have hearts to love God and I'm so thankful that Isaac has made this decision at a young age! What a special birthday month.



3 comments:

the moyer family said...

I am so happy for Isaac! It is a blessng when our children ask Jesus into their hearts. C talks about it all the time. It is neat to see them chage too. We rejoice with you, sister!

Cissie said...

I love parties at the farm! There is never a dull moment!

I know it is a true blessing as a mom to know her child just received the greatest gift! That is awesome!!!

Chandelle Cotter said...

Hey there Menda- Yay for my Isaac, I wish i could be there to celebrate with you all and thats so awesome that he asked Jesus into his heart:) Give him hugs and kisses for me!