He and Leo flew the beaver back down to Port Alsworth to pick up our friends, Abbie and Reini Schmidt. We met them last time we were in Nairobi and they were in Port Alsworth for a few days to visit :)
At first the kids just sat on the beach and watched their papa taking off...
Soon the kids were throwing rocks, catching bugs and playing in the sand. It wasn't long at all before the plane came around the mountain with the second load. Samuel is watching and waiting expectantly for his fishing buddy, Papa.
Nezzie and Isaac "kayaking".

Kaiden and Lizzy up a tree, looking for bears :)
We hiked from the lake down to the Tanalian Falls and made a fire and did some fishing.
Abbie and Reini and crew were troppers! We all brought some snacks and the kids did great with the long hike.
Abbie even took a family picture of us. These are quite rare nowadays! I carried Malachi in the backpack the whole way. I'm guessing it was about a 5 mile hike, but Leo says it is only 3! Felt like 15 by the time we got home around 7:45 :) We had a great afternoon and love living in a place we can have these sorts of adventures.
4 comments:
Your life is always so exciting to watch! That looked like a fun way to spend the afternoon. I hope it's starting to warm up for you:) Great family picture, too!!
I love the family photo!!! I miss the Alaskan adventures! Hope I can come this summer!
Tell Leo to carry the backpack and baby next time and it will be six miles! Looking forward to seeing you all.
Love you,
Jane
yay for my lovely family- miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment