
Here is the second installment of our trip to town. I have more photos, but Leo is home working on some stuff online and I got in trouble for slowing down the internet :) So, I'll have to upload the rest later! While we were in town, the TNTers were able to participate in the AWANA Games. This was the first year Lake Clark Bible Church participated and they did great! Ned, Rylea and Lizzy are all TNTers, but only Ned competed since Rylea had a bad ear ache and Liz was recovering from her tonsillectomy. They did awesome and missed first place by only one point! Half of Port Alsworth was there to cheer them on :)
Sam and Malachi were cozy sharing the pull-out couch bed at the hotel. In fact, they were so cozy, they puked within just seconds of each other about 4:45 am on Sunday morning! Not only did they throw up together, they threw up all over their two brothers who were also in the bed. This was after Rylea had already been up all night with the flu. I was able to get everyone bathed and three loads of laundry done before I got hit with it about 10:00 am. Nezzie got it at exactly the same time I did. It's hard to be the kind and compassionate mother when you are fighting over the toilet with your children! Thankfully, it was only a 24 hour bug and since it was Leo's birthday, he got the best gift of all, by staying well :)
Our friends, Steve and Bev McKinley got a room adjoining ours at the hotel and we did some informal CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) training with them, so the older kids and I could do clubs in Uganda with kids there. We had a great time with them and learned so much in a short time!
A highlight of this trip was meeting with Eve, Isaac and Samuel's birthmom. She is doing great! The Lord is doing amazing things in her life and we are so thankful. If you think of it, please pray that she will continue to seek God and that He will give her the strength to walk in His Truth!Alright, this was the end of our trip, so stay tuned for the middle :)
No comments:
Post a Comment