Journey to Africa


Monday, March 15, 2010

Anchorage- Part 1

We've been home for a week now, after nearly two weeks in town, so I'm finally getting it together enough to try to update the blog! While we were in town we visited Changepoint (Anchorage's Mega-church) for the first time. This is a picture of the Alaska Pipeline Slide in the lobby! It was amazing- almost like Disneyland. I know the kids would have loved it! As it was, we were just passing through, but it was fun to see.

Since we were in town for medical things, we were able to stay at a hotel the entire time. We started off in a second floor room. Here we are the first night, snug as bugs in a rug! Thankfully, the kids are still small enough they can sleep lots in one bed. It only took about 24 hours before the phone calls started coming, about the people below us complaining about the noise :)

We were able to move to a ground floor room a few days later!


The main reason for this trip, was for Elizabeth to get her tonsils and adenoids removed. Malachi and I spent the day with her at the hospital. Here she is before surgery, after her "happy juice". She was hilarious! She said to the dr, "Nice four eyes!" when he came in to talk to us (and he wasn't even wearing glasses!). He was like, "Right on!" I told him I thought I might need some of that happy juice!



The surgery went well (much better than the recovery, but that is for another post). There was a bit of miscommunication between Leo and me about where and when to pick us up, so Malachi and Lizzy snoozed it off in this wheelchair while we waited.
We were thankful for a good and safe procedure and for the help from my mom, too, during the time we were in town. I will try to upload the rest of the photos soon... stay tuned for Part 2!




No comments: