We have a friend who calls our children the "zoo race" when he sees them going by. Leo and I couldn't help but think of this affectionate term the other day when we went to the zoo in Portland. Joel got us tickets and we had a great day!

Joel, Mindy and Carter joined us for most of the day... you can almost see Carter on Rylea's lap in the back of the eagle's nest.

I don't even remember what the kids were looking at here, but I thought they were cute all lined up on the fence. I'll have to ask Ned what they were watching.

Elephants! I have to say that living in Africa spoiled us a bit... when you can actually touch the baby elephants while they're drinking their bottles at Sheldricks, it's a little disappointed to have to observe them from such a distance at the zoo. The kids still had a blast though!

Lizzy Lou and her friends.

More wildlife

Even more...

Isaac. I actually tried to delete this picture and upload the one of him with his eyes open, but for some reason I couldn't get rid of the photo. I thought that was funny since I've accidentally deleted pictures on here many times.

The sea lions were very fun to watch as they did their little routine for the audience.


It's King Julien..."Which of you is attracted to me?"
What a fun day. Thanks Joel and Mindy!
No comments:
Post a Comment