When we arrived, there were tons of people there waiting, including all 6 of Eva's kids! When she saw everyone, the tears started to flow.
Not long after we arrived the real story came out... when Terri sent out invitations to the surprise party, Eva's blind friend, Dorothy, had Eva read the invitation to her! So, she'd known for about a month about this party, but didn't tell any of us that she knew. She did, however, invite other people to come since she thought no one was going to show up. Come to find out, she was getting miffed at me, thinking I was going to drag her half way to Spokane for lunch and make her miss her party! Thus the head in the hands and deep sighs before we left the house!!!
I didn't get many good pictures, but hopefully the photographer who was there will send some. Here's one just after Eva came into the hall and is still in shock! Even though she knew she was having a party, she had no idea how many people would attend to celebrate her!
Here's the birthday girl, with three of her little boys- Leo, Glen and Wade. I met many new relatives at this party :) They figured out the last time all 6 siblings were together was in 1970, so Leo was just a baby then. It was really neat to have everyone all together.
Here I am talking with Uncle Wendell. It was funny because my hair is not exactly red right now, a lot of people that I'd only met once or twice was wondering who the woman was hanging onto Leo :) I think they were rather relieved to realize it was, in fact, me!
All "the kids" went back to Leo's folk's for the evening and spend a few hours visiting and just enjoying being together. I think, all in all, the party was a success!!!
2 comments:
Please tell me that Leo looks so small because he is in the back, or maybe his brothers are standing on something?:)
nope- THEY really are that big!
Post a Comment