Here is Leo enjoying a traditional Somali meal- it was spaghetti, which I guess they actually do eat there! I must say I was very disappointed that we weren't eating something that tasted more "African", but it was fun anyway.
Here's Faith, one of the two children who were at the Candidate Week. She had it figured out and decided to just lay down to enjoy her meal.
Leo and I promised our friends in Australia that we would wear our AIM Asia Pacific shirts while we were in New York, so we did! People asked if Alaska was part of that area :)
We had a lot of fun with Jennifer (my cousin), who was also attending the Candidate Week! She is headed to Mozambique this coming summer to teach MK's for a couple of years. Go Jennifer!!!!
It was a treat to get to visit with Mike and Renee too. For those of you who do not know the DeLorenzos, they are friends from Kenya who have been in the states for the past several months and are living on the AIM campus right now. We got some good input- they're seasoned missionaries with 11 years of service in Africa under their belts, so we appreciated everything they shared with us. Thanks, guys!We are in the midst of getting a news/Christmas letter ready to send out, so more details will follow there. But we can tell you that it looks like we are headed to Entebbe, Uganda and we are very, very excited!!!
5 comments:
Wow........Glad and sad at the same time. When do you leave and how long will you be gone? I hope you are still around this winter and summer when we get up there....
our target departure date is optimistically set for Jan 2010, so we'll be around here for awhile yet :) our first term will probably be 2-3 years.
WOOHOO! You should hear me holler! I would love for that to be where God puts you! =) Selfish of me I know: We will be in and out of there often. We will keep praying for his protection and guidance for your entire family!
Can't wait to have you as "neighbors"! :-) Good to chat with you the other day on the phone too. Lots of love, <>< Michelle
Wow! You've written to us but I don't think you ever mentioned Uganda. We are very excited for you guys! Please fill us in on all the details; ie, schooling for the kids, what exactly you and Leo will be doing, etc. I want to hear it all.
I'm sad on the other hand though because you won't be up in PA when we go through again..and you probably won't be able to come and visit us over here in Nepal now. Oh well!
Post a Comment