This is just a picture I took for Sonnet to use in Kaiden's ABC Birthday book. She makes each of the nieces and nephews a fun alphabet book with pictures of themselves, of course. They love it and Kaiden gets his for his 6th birthday next month. This was for the "X" page for hugs :)
We did celebrate my Gramps and Granny's 58th Anniversary awhile ago. Their anniversary is the 3rd. This is Ned telling a story to someone, I think it was Sonnet. He is very serious when he is talking, as you can see, complete with hand gestures and whatnot. I just had to take a picture of it.
At last, the happy couple! They're so sweet and such a neat example of what we have to look forward to :) My grandparents still love to tease each other and I think it thrills my grandpa, even after all these years, to scare Granny really good! Yesterday I went to a bridal shower and everyone had to share things about how to keep romance alive after you're married and my granny said she loves to spoil Grandpa- cooking things he likes, rubbing his back... I hope I can say that I love to spoil Leo after we've been married 58 years :)
Several people have asked about where we are at in our process of becoming fulltime with AIM. I hope to get an update out on the email soon, but for those of you who look at the blog, I can tell you that things are going well and progressing.
Leo and I are headed to Australia for a week next month and we are very excited about our trip! We will spend a couple of days in the Sydney area, where the AIM Australia headquarters is located. We'll then head to Melbourne and spend the remainder of our time in that area. Lilydale is about an hour east of Melbourne and is where the Bible College of Victoria (BCV) is located, as well as Mt. Evelyn Christian School (MECS). Things are being scheduled for us to participate in devotions one morning at the Mission Aviation Centre (MAC)- this is the aviation part of BCV, where Leo may be instructing. Several other meetings and things are being set up, as well. On the 16th of October, we'll have an interview and a tour at MECS. From everything we have seen online and the info. we've gotten in the mail, this looks like a great potential school for our children to attend. We are also (for the first time EVER in my life) considering homeschooling. We want to be open to God's leading and be willing to do whatever He asks of us. Our prayer is that God will really confirm and solidify things for us during our time in Australia, and also that the children and all who are helping to take care of them, will do very well in our absence.
Now, when you get the email, this will all be old news :) Thanks so much for remembering our family in your prayers. Hope you've had a great weekend! I love to hear from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment