Journey to Africa


Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday to You...

Every summer when my Aunt Esther is out here doing fish, she puts on a big birthday party for all her great nieces and nephews. This year the party was the day after we got back from our camping trip. There were contests in bubble-blowing and ring-tossing. I had a ton more pictures uploaded originally, but the internet went off and I lost it all, so here's what I could muster up the second time around :)
Each child got their own cupcake to decorate and a candle to put on it. Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and then got to blow out their candle and eat their treat.

Here's a picture of Aunt Esther (middle of the couch) with nearly all the kids! Malachi was at his Amma's house sleeping sweetly.



Everyone got to take turns picking gifts off of the table and then each child had two presents to unwrap- a book and another gift. Nezzie was thrilled with her Cowgirl Dora doll :) All the kids love Aunt Esther's Birthday Party and look forward to it all year long. Thank you, Aunt Esther!!!


1 comment:

Chandelle Cotter said...

Thats such a fun idea- I didnt know she did that!