We had such a fun time together, walking, shopping and visiting. But the highlight for me was Israel!!! He just turned 6 months old a couple of days ago. He's the happiest baby I've ever met :) The first night there he was enjoying pulling my hair by the handfuls. He thought it was hilarious!
Della got him this little frog hat from a street vendor. He got a lot of compliments on it as we were out and about. Our hotel was just a few blocks from Union Square, so we walked there a couple of days and shopped and ate yummy food. One morning we took a taxi to another part of town and went to an English high tea where we enjoyed tea and sandwiches and scones and crumpets! It was a very fun and girly thing to do!
Our last night in San Francisco we had dinner at the pier. Israel and I had fun playing (this was just before I broke down bawling thinking of saying good-bye). If it's any indication of what's coming the end of May when we leave, I'm in for some tough farewells! It's better that way though, I think. It would be sad if I was glad to leave. I think the toughest thing is saying good-bye to the children, especially the little ones who won't remember us. However, based on past experience, kids are quick to befriend you again and soon it's like they've known you forever :)
Jacob took this picture of Mom, me, Della, Israel and Sonnet, our weekend girl gang. Jacob took Israel home that night and we went to see "Wicked", which was super fun. I'll see if I can get some of those photos on here soon. I got home Monday and two days later Leo left for CA for a week to work on an airplane. We're just keeping the fire going and going through the joy of having strep throat. So far, 4 of the 4 kids who were tested have tested positive. The clinic in Iliamna who't prescribe any more meds. without seeing the kids though, so I have to take them all down there on Monday. I hope Leo will stay healthy and avoid this sickness. There's a ladies retreat going on at the church here this weekend and Charis came over today for a few hours so I could go. That was wonderful of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment