On Sunday afternoon, I went to a party at "The Well". I am going to do a blog about that really soon, so come check again, because it is SO cool!!! But while I was at the party, a bunch of friends came over and joined Leo and our kids in building an igloo in the yard. They didn't get any pictures of the construction process, but the next day I went out with the kids and we took these photos.

Here are some of the kids inside the igloo.

The Whole Gang

Rylea, Lizzy and Isaac in the igloo

Nezzie coming to join the fun

Isaac, Kaiden and Samuel

I just had to take a picture of our steambath. It's such a relaxing, fun thing to do on a cold winter night. Wish you all could come and try it out!

Whenever I look in our yard and at the outside of our house, I can't help but think we must resemble "The Clampetts in Alaska" :) But it is a sturdy, warm and cozy little house and I'm thankful for all the little people who live here and leave their toys scattered throughout the yard. One day I might actually be able to keep up with all the messes that are made, and I'm sure I will look back at these days of crazy busyness and my heart will ache for the simplicity of it all. Today, I will be thankful for what I have and WHO I have and whatever "work" I do, I'll do for God (that's the verse we're learning for Bible Study this week-it's a good and relevant one!). Ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!
2 comments:
How cool that you can make a real igloo! My kids are missing out! Oh well, it is where God has us and a leaf filled snowman once every few years will have to do :) I remember attempting igloos as a kid, but they NEVER turned out that well. What fun!
Fun pictures! And great knowledge...simplicity and thankfulness. Menda, God has blessed you tremendously and you have embraced it fully. Glad to be your friend.
Post a Comment