Journey to Africa


Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Thus Far

I've been a bit remiss in blogging lately. Just busy, I think! Here's our year so far... we rang in the New Year by all being at home sick. It was actually one of the most relaxing New Year's I've had in a long time! We had an early dinner, bathed the kids, watched a movie together and watched fireworks from our porch. It was 30 something below at the time, so the kids put boots and coats on for the few minutes we were out. We were all in bed and asleep before 10:00 :) During our cold snap, Malachi enjoyed getting into the winter gear and dressing himself up. It was 30 to 40 below zero for over two weeks. Then, it warmed up... by 78 degrees! Within two days it went from very cold to warm and windy. 58 above and raining.
Here's a random shot of one of our visitors. This fox likes to come in the yard and hang out. Who knows what it finds it to eat around here. If the yard is anything like my floor, there's probably plenty for him and his friends to eat :)

Ok, here's what our yard looked like after a couple days of tropical heat. We literally had a pond in the yard and the kids were out "boating" in it. They'd take sleds and paddles and paddle around the pond then come in soaking wet, freezing cold and happy. Hmmm, I wonder if that is why everyone is sick now!? As I type this, 6 of the children are quite sick with fever, coughs and runny noses.


Last Friday, before everyone got sick, I had Sonnet's 3 babies here for the day while she subbed at school. We actually had a really fun day together. Here's Teagann, Silas, Tyler and Malachi. They enjoyed each other and kept me busy!


After preschool, Sam, Isaac and Zoe joined the gang. So, we had 7 kids under 4 and then 9, 6 years old and under once my Kindergartners got home :) It was blessedly quiet during nap time, at least for about 10 minutes!




Zoe and Isaac- they're just a few weeks apart and have always been special friends.



Malachi, being cute!





Last weekend we had the Goertzens over for dinner. It was so cute to see how much Jeremiah enjoyed being with all the kids and they enjoyed him too! Here's a picture of one tubfull of kids :) Cutie patootie! We had a really fun evening and will have to do it again soon!
I hope your New Year is going well and that you are all well and healthy! Just a note on our "plans"... we're still waiting for the perfect Travel Trailer to come our way. However, we're getting serious about planning our road trip while we wait. So far, we've got one definite date set and that is to be in Tonasket, Washington at the Free Methodist Church on June 7th! We know our schedule will continue to fill up and all the details will be worked out. This support-raising thing is an interesting and educational process, but it's good! God is so good and Faithful and it's neat to see how He is working everything out. Have a great day! Lots of love to you :)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! You have such a fun family...I am very much looking forward to getting to know your kids better and playing with them :)
Hope your family feels better soon!

voranclan said...

Don't get to carried away with the bathtub pictures......those things can come back to haunt you later!! Ha!

Chandelle Cotter said...

yay for new pictures! I love it- i miss my kidos-hugs and kisses to them all and i hope they all feel better!

jane said...

Glad to see your update. I just told your mom yesterday that you and Cissie had not blogged and that I was waiting to see what was going on. Loved the pictures and hope to see you in a week or two. Love to all