Hi there! Below is a copy of an email I just sent out, so most of you have probably already seen it. I know there are a few of you whose email addresses I do not have, so if you'd like to be on our email list, please let me know and I'd love to add you! I will post a few pictures of this past week very soon. I'm not quite sure yet how to hook up the new camera to the computer to download photos-I'm not so good with all this technology stuff! I'll have to have Leo show me how to do it :) Hope you're having a great day. Lots of love...
Summer Greetings!
I hope this email finds you all well and enjoying your summer. First, let me apologize if any of you are receiving this twice or if I have wrong email addresses! Our email address book is a mess and I need to sort through it. Please let me know which email address you prefer, if I'm sending to more than one.
We wanted to write and fill you in a bit on what we were up to, if you don't already know. I'll try to keep it to the point (not my strong suit)
Several months ago Leo and I were feeling led to look into fulltime missions opportunities. To make a very long story short, we have just completed our face to face interview with Al and Sharon Dobra, who are the regional administrators for Africa Inland Mission (AIM). The Dobras spent the last five days with us and we had some wonderful times of visiting and sharing and asking and answering questions. At the end of this process, we are encouraged to report that we are official "AIM Applicants"! This may not sound like much, but it has been quite a process just getting to this point, so we're excited to be moving ahead. The next step for us is to complete the applications, which include writing out our own doctrinal statements and completing several psychological evaluations. Right now our goal is to attend the Candidate Orientation Week at the AIM Headquarters in New York in mid-November. At the end of the week in New York, we will find out if we are accepted as AIM Missionaries. If so, we can then begin the next stage, which is support raising.
There are still quite a few uncertainties about our assignment, but along with those are a lot of neat opportunities and possibilities! Right now, we are hoping when we go overseas it will be to represent AIM Air at the Bible College of Victoria in Lilydale, Australia! The aviation program there is in need of another maintenance instructor and AIM would like to become involved with the school, so it is a neat opportunity to meet both needs.
God is Faithful as we continue to seek His direction for our family. We covet your prayers as we embark on this new journey in our lives. One of our greatest needs at this point, is someone to take over the position of Director of Maintenance here in Port Alsworth. God has already answered so many prayers and we know He will continue to provide. We also appreciate your prayers for emotions- ours and those of our families as we prepare for this major transition.
Please let us know if you would like to receive email updates (and let us know, especially, if you wouldn't!). We believe whole-heartedly that God has a specific plan for each of our lives and we are excited to follow where He leads! Thank you for joining us on our journey
In Him-
Leo & Menda, Ned, Rylea, Elizabeth, Kaiden, Nezzie, Isaac, Samuel and Malachi
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Menda!
It has been a great ride with you these last months, and we will continue to ride along and pray you all through this and the other issues that the Lord has for your family as you move forward.
Lots of love from all of us! <>< Michelle
(including the littlest Moyer whose ears match her sisters, just today! :-)
Wow! What a great opportunity for your family. I can't wait to hear what happens and see where God will lead you all. Keep us posted! I know you will.
Post a Comment